it's a joy

Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."

Monday, December 17, 2007

Update from Honey

This was our Christmas letter this year. A few years ago, Cache composed our letter for his and my first Christmas together. Since Honey was still new and a bit shy last year, she decided to step up and do it this year. I thought I'd share it here, since I'm kind of at a loss for blog motivation. Hey, re-using material is not being lazy! It's being resourceful!

Dear Friends and Family,

Hello! You may not know me yet, but I might have had the pleasure of tripping some you with my paw swipes. My name is Honey and I joined Jerod and Andrea's family about a year ago. They rescued me from an Akita rescue shelter in December of 2006. It's been pretty cool becoming part of their family and also inheriting a big brother with the deal.

It's been a pretty eventful year since I became part of the family. In February, my brother Cache had knee surgery on a torn ACL on his back knee. He is still all “puppy” and he managed to tear it again this summer, so now he has to wear a brace when we go on walks. I think he just likes to see how many different ways he can shorten Andrea's life with his antics. I just try to ignore him and go take long naps on the futon in the office. That's much easier then chasing bunnies in the backyard.

In May, Andrea left Cache and I with Jerod for a week to go on a cruise to Alaska. Jerod said she went with her parents, Dan and Kari and her sister, Jennifer. I missed her a lot, but I really enjoyed drooling on all the pretty pictures she brought back. It looked like too cold of a trip for me.

In mid-July, Jerod moved into the house with us. Jerod and Andrea have tried to explain to me that they got married and now he gets to stay at the house all the time, but all I know is that I really like having Jerod around all the time. Now, there are two people that feed me, which is very important. It seems like Andrea really likes to have Jerod around all the time too. They seem really happy.

At the end of July, Jerod and Andrea left us for a couple weeks and my friend Amanda came over to stay with us. She told me that they went to Italy on their honeymoon, whatever that is. I had a lot of fun with Amanda because she's really good at spoiling us. But, it was ok when Jerod and Andrea came back too. Lately, it seems like Andrea has been spending all of her time taking pictures from her trip and pasting them into a big book. She seems really happy to show the book to anyone that is willing to look.

Well, I suppose I should go. My futon is getting cold, and I better go warm it up with another nap. Jerod, Andrea, Cache and myself all with you a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year. Stay safe and take lots of naps!

Much love,
Honey, Cache, Jerod and Andrea

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home