it's a joy

Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."

Thursday, March 20, 2008

What've you been up to?

I've been grossed out by my carpet for awhile now. I could just TELL that there was all sorts of nastiness going on in there. Having two spoiled rotten dogs that can pretty much come and go as they please had really taken a toll. I steam clean my carpets three or four times a year, but it never helps for long. Jerod and I both love hardwood floors, so we decided to take out the old nastiness and reveal the beauty beneath. It's been a work in progress for almost a month, but the result has been awesome. I just LOVE my house right now. I just want to hang out here and roll around on the floors and maybe even lick them a little....because they are THAT clean. I've been taking pictures along the way, and posted them here for you to see the progress.

THE LIVING ROOM

This is the entry way before. Oh, and Honey saying "Hi. I love you. Can I have some food?"

This is a shot of the living room before. Sorry for the blurriness. This is the only shot I got of this angle.

Another shot of the living room.

Carpet pullin' time!! Jerod, Jerod's Dad and Cache all working hard. Getting that linoleum entry way out was a BUGGER!! (Sidenote: Jerod's dad is a Supervisor for a living. Can you tell? Seriously though, he was a big help.)

Yes. That's dirt. Or more like really really fine sand. THAT is the nastiness I could sense. I knew it was gross, but I had no idea. This kind of makes you want to go tear up your carpet and look, huh?

Are you gagging yet? Because I am. Yes, that's the WHOLE living room floor covered in sand after the carpets are out. On the plus side, look at the pretty wood floors!! And the way cool egg-boxes!

"Guys, please don't tear up my carpet. Please? Pretty please?"

Yeah...we're newlyweds. Painting wasn't fun enough, so I had to write a message to my husband.

Post paint. Post tearing up baseboards.

Post sanding.

Post polyurethane-ing.

Our friend David helping put in the baseboards.

A really hot guy putting in baseboards.

Our finished entryway!

Our finished living room!

Again!

THE DINING "ROOM"

Before.
First round of painting and also ripping out baseboard.

Stripes!

We faux painted a darker gray glaze over the stripes and it had a really cool effect. Then, Jerod put up a chair rail.

Post sanding.

Putting in baseboards. Isn't it just gorgeous?

My dining nook transformed into something downright ELEGANT.

Here's a close up shot of the faux paint and how well it goes with the dining set. This was a complete and utter accident. Dumb luck, I tell ya.

THE BEDROOM

Before.

Before again. Take special note of our "vintage" Wilcoxson's ice cream bucket trash can.

After pulling the carpet.

Different angle. And a goober-head.

Post sanding.

Finished!! Shiny floors!

Wilcoxson's ice cream trash can still there. It's way too cool to get rid of.

THE OFFICE

This was after we had already started packing it up. I absolutely hated this room before.

After pulling the carpet. That plastic bag hanging from the window contains our cable modem and wireless router. We couldn't bring ourselves from disconnecting it. We DO have our limits.

Post sanding.

Finished! I think it may now be my favorite room in the house.

Another angle of the office.

Ok. I'm tired. My back is sore. My fingernails are all broken down to the skin. I'm still covered in paint. But, it's worth it. I'm going to go enjoy my house now...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, March 20, 2008, Blogger Melodee said...

wow. Wow. W-O-W.

 
At 9:58 PM, March 20, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

This is beautaiful, Andrea! I really like your new picture arrangement, too. Very nice, indeed. . . .

 
At 6:47 AM, March 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous. You must love coming home and just sitting in the tranquility of it all. Do you two want a job? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home